5. Green Vegetable Pesto Pizza This healthy pizza is actually grain free and loaded with veggies – all the deliciousness of pizza without the guilt! Check out the recipe on To Her Core.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! It can be great fun to get into the Irish spirit, but green beer and bread – just add food coloring – are not the healthiest choices. There are plenty of green treats you can serve to celebrate the day in style without completely sacrificing nutrition. We rounded up 10 naturally green, healthy, and delicious recipes to try this year!
4. Zucchini Noodles with Kale Pesto, Pistachios, and Pomegranate This bright green dish is as tasty as it looks! Substituting zucchini noodles for your pasta is a great way to make your favorite pasta dishes healthy. See the full recipe at The Endless Meal.
6. Green Smoothie As great as we think green smoothies are year round, it is no surprise that they made our list! They are a yummy way to get a big does of fruits and veggies – plus they are naturally green! Try this Superfood Shamrock Smoothie Recipe via Kara Lydon.
7. Fruit Rainbow Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Look no further than this vibrant fruit rainbow platter!
9. Green Banana Ice Cream For dessert try this simple, vegan, two ingredient green ice cream recipe – just frozen bananas and spinach! You can add chocolate chips or nuts to jazz it up if you would like. See the recipe at Sweet Roots.
10. Cucumber Gimlet If you are going to indulge and go out for a drink with friends tonight, skip the calorie heavy green beer and try something lighter like this Cucumber Gimlet recipe. Or, if that isn’t your style, check out these Festive Saint Patrick’s Day Low Calorie drinks via Shape magazine. Just remember, be responsible and don’t overdo it!
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!