Activbody aspires to provide efficient, effective and engaging solutions to enhance fitness and health. For everyone. A revolution in daily fitness, wellness and rehabilitation, Activ5 is a first-of-its-kind, wireless-enabled, isometric-based strength training device that coaches users through 5-minute, low-impact, full-body workouts.
Sr. Data Scientist
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist oversee the design and development of data capture, analytical models and insights across the company for the benefit of our customers in alignment with our mission and values. The job covers comprehensive data collection, modeling and insights across current and future Activbody products and solutions, CRM systems, and other third party and proprietary systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis, design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and documentation of complex data and data management systems including: data capture, data-driven analysis, application of machine learning algorithms, decision making, and related utilities.
- Complete documentation and reports insights in the form of reports, internal technology white papers, and system documentation.
- Devise new approaches to leverage data to improve customer engagement and fitness. This includes new model concepts and designs or different uses of data sources.
- Provide insights from data experiments to ensure accuracy, completeness, feasibility, and to provide analytical opinions to help business decisions.
- Identify and deploy new algorithms or combinations of algorithms in creative ways to improve customer experience, and business performance.
- Work in team environment, interact with multiple departments including internal and external customers.
- Monitor system performance and proactively prevent system degradation.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or similar field) with at least 2 years of job experience or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline with 4 years of job experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with programming languages for data science such as Python, Java, R, etc.
- Strong mathematical and statistics skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to communicate complex technical or statistical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues while maintaining highest levels of respect and positive team spirit.
- Experiences with machine learning algorithms.
- Experience using cloud or distributed computing frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to apply modern data exploration and visualization techniques to deliver actionable insights.
- Experience in collaborative projects using software development best practices.
- Experience related to user and business insights from mobile applications, web based applications, websites, CRM platforms, marketing analytics and tag management platforms
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Adaptable – able to quickly adjust priorities as company objectives shift
- Curious – passionate about exploring additional options and considerations that may positively impact the business
- Proactive – identifies individual and company priorities while expressing willingness to present new ideas for efficiency and improving current processes
- Communication skills – communicates complex technical or statistical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Team player – works as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues while maintain highest levels of respect and positive team spirit.
Education & Experience Requirements: Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or similar field) with at least 2 years of job experience or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline with 4 years of job experience required.
We are looking for a few good mobile developers to join our team. You would be involved in our next generation of mobile apps and have a significant impact on our architecture and functionality. This isn’t a big corporate role where you will stay focused on one specialized technology, you will have a big part in the creation, implementation, and improvement of our entire experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of our mobile apps
- Integrate with our backend services to deliver a robust user experience
- Improve code quality through code reviews, unit tests, and automated testing
- Participate in the ideation process adding innovative ideas to our products and technology
- Interface with the product and design team to understand our end-user requirements and use cases, then translate them into pragmatic and effective solutions
- Solve difficult problems and deliver results on a timeline
- 3-5 years of development and software design
- Bachelors or masters in a related field or relevant experience (We know there are other ways to learn)
- Strong OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create extensible and reusable software that meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, or Java and willingness to learn new technologies
- Know how to integrate with RESTful APIs
- You have a passion, about anything
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with cross platform mobile development (Unity, Flutter, etc)
- Experience with app analytics and reporting
- Strong understanding of version control, branching, pull requests, and other benefits of good source control
- Self managed teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Have shipped at least one mobile app out in the wild